We are a faculty-facing office that provides support for the instructional mission of Student Success.
We will support faculty in their roles as teachers and mentors to students. This will take the form of providing consultations, training, and just-in-time aid both in person and delivered asynchronously through the Web.
- Support the goals of the Student Success initiative.
- Spotlight and highlight best teaching practices among USF faculty, with particular emphasis on face to face teaching and blended modes of instruction.
- Provide opportunities through workshops and other events for faculty to learn about new techniques, strategies, and technologies for teaching.
- Enhance teaching and learning at USF by assisting faculty with continuous improvement.
- Provide training and orientation to new faculty members, adjuncts, and graduate teaching assistants.
Kevin Yee, Ph.D.
Nicole M. West, Ph.D.
Learning and Development Facilitator
Academy for Teaching and Learning Excellence (ATLE)
Office of Student Success |University of South Florida
4202 East Fowler Avenue, ALN-185
Tampa FL 33620
The original teaching center at USF, the Center for Teaching Excellence, was founded by Jim Eison in the early 1990s. It became the Center for 21st Century Teaching Excellence in the mid-2000s, and included support for online teaching via its sub-units Media Innovation Team and eTG. In 2011, C21TE was split into two units: MIT and eTG went to University College, while the Academy for Teaching and Learning Excellence was established as part of Student Success.
Donate to ATLE’s Foundation Account
We gladly accept donations, large and small, through our USF Foundation account. You can search by fund number (#600032) or keyword (ATLE). Thank you!